There's an organization We The People need to know about, they are The Oath Keepers.
Quoting from Wikipedia:
The Oath Keepers' motto is "Not On Our Watch!", and their stated objective is to encourage the non-violent disobeying of any order given by a member of the U.S. Government that oversteps Constitutional boundaries.
Declaration from their site:
OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY
(Click here to read full length version)
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
When Bill O'Reilly had the organization's spokesman on his program, O'Reilly tried to paint him and those in his organization as some sort of kooks. What I don't understand is why O'Reilly took that stance.
If the Oath Keepers are "kooks" then, as far as I'm concerned we, the American people, need as many "kooks" just like them on our side as we can get.